At Robert B. Shelton, DDS MAGD, we offer cosmetic dental services in Longview. Those living in and around the 75605 area can benefit from having a single procedure performed or having a full smile makeover. We understand that a persons’ smile can transform their entire appearance, restore self-confidence, and make it easier to speak clearly. Whether your goal is to improve your appearance or to improve the functionality of your teeth – we can help.
If you live in Longview, TX, we invite you to call 1-903-757-6243 and schedule a consultation to speak with Robert B. Shelton, DDS MAGD. During your appointment, we will examine your teeth and discuss the goals that you have for your smile. There are so many types of procedures to choose from that it is important to understand what you are trying to accomplish so that we can make a customized recommendation that fits your lifestyle and timeframe goals.
Before we schedule any cosmetic dental services, we will want to ensure that your teeth and gums are in good health. It is essential that they are. Otherwise, you will take longer to heal, and your teeth will continue to deteriorate over time. Starting with healthy teeth, or restoring damaged ones during the process, is important for keeping your new smile looking fabulous for years to come.
Simultaneously, your gums need to be in good health before completing any major cosmetic work. Many people are unaware of how important the connection between the gums and teeth are. If your gums are receding or you have some level of gum disease, it will continue to advance and put your teeth at risk for further infection and even bone loss. This could jeopardize any cosmetic work that you have had completed, so if gum disease is present, we will treat it first.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dentist Longview.
Once you are ready for a cosmetic procedure, we will have you come in for your scheduled appointment time. We typically recommend starting with a teeth whitening procedure. This can be important because any restoration or cosmetic work you have done will typically involve creating a crown or veneer. Whether restoring a damaged tooth or replacing it, a new tooth is typically created using resin, ceramic, or porcelain. These materials are all similar in nature and are stain resistant. This is fantastic because if you have your smile transformed with veneers, for example, they won’t stain like natural teeth. The challenge is that they do not whiten like natural teeth either. That means that before you have cosmetic work you will want to ensure that your natural teeth are the shade that you like. If you have all of your teeth corrected this is not an issue. If, however, you are only focusing on one or two teeth, they will be made to match your surrounding teeth. If you don’t like their color, the newly restored tooth will also be a shade that you don’t like.
Our team will then go to work on transforming your smile from ordinary to stunning. Whether we are closing gaps in between teeth, changing their overall shape or size, covering dark stains, straightening teeth, or restoring them, our cosmetic dental services can give you the smile you have always wanted. For more information or to speak with Robert B. Shelton, DDS MAGD call 903-757-6243.
Helpful Related Links
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
About our business, license, and website security
- Robert B. Shelton, DDS MAGD was established in 1976
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Gregg County, Harrison County, Marion County, Upshur County, Panola County, and Rusk County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Longview, Marshall, Hallsville, Kilgore, Gladewater, Gilmer, Ore City, Diana, White Oak, Henderson, Carthage, and Jefferson
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners (License #11132). View License Information and Specifics
- National Provider Identifier Database (1457461055). View NPI Registry Information
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Cosmetic Dental Services